Monday, June 30, 2014

"Appy" Monday: TouchCast

"Appy" Monday everyone. I am looking forward to a short week here on the farm. We will be heading to the lake this weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July with family but in the mean time I wanted to share one of my all time favorite apps to use in the flipped classroom.


I stumbled upon Touchcast last year and immediately fell in love. I was getting ready to go on maternity leave and needed a way to show my students how to set things up when I was gone (I was planning on being out the first nine weeks of the year) I wanted my classroom to run smoothly upon my return and touch cast gave me the ability to teach as if I was right in the room with them. Moving from writing on the chalkboard, to polling the audience, including a youtube video, and even surfing the web all from within my touchcast video. It is fantastic!!

Our students are used to receiving information quickly and multiple ways. They are multi-tasking experts, and they want their information fast. Touchcast allows for that. It also gives you the ability to include social media feeds, and quick check questions.

Currently I have been using this app to create videos for my students in my flipped classroom. Not all of my videos are Touchcast videos but I feel it is a great tool for when I need to incorporate multiply tools.

I plan on encouraging my students to use Touchast as they create their own projects and assignments. I also want to start using it to help provide information to parents and other members of our community. I foresee it being a wonderful tool to really help bridge the gap between the parent/ school partnership.

I truly feel that Touchast is allowing me to create more meaningful and engaging content for my students. It is giving that instant feedback that they need to know if they are on the right track with something of maybe need to revisit it. I also am really looking forward to extending my use to communicate outside my classroom environment. There is a fantastic PDF that can be used to find out more about Touchcast in Education or to share with your colleagues. Feel free to leave any comments below if you have used Touchcast or would like more information about how I use it in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment