Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Summer Reading List

Ok so I am shooting for the stars on this one.. wishful thinking that I can actually sit down to read not only a book but several! But each summer I like to at least set a goal to read some educational books along with one or two fun ones. Here goes...

Educational

1. Drive



2. Creating Innovators



Have you gotten on the Genius Hour bandwagon yet. These first two are books highly recommended by the creator of Genius Hour and I am really excited to read them. I have just read the first couple chapters of Drive and I really think it is going to change the way I look at incentives in my classroom.

3. Beyond the BakeSale: The Essential Guide to Family/School Partnerships



I will be reading this book in conjunction with a virtual summer book chat #PTcamp. Each week I will be blogging about a chapter along with participating in different online tools (Twitter, Voxer, ApprenNet) Lots more to come on this!

Just for Fun

1. Happy Happy Happy


 
Ok ok I know... my secret is out. I am a huge Duck Dynasty fan. I don't watch much TV at all but if I do turn on the TV I love to watch these guys. I love that they put family and faith above all and I could seriously laugh at their antics all day! Plus it is a show that my whole family enjoys and can watch together. My 14 year old son and I are having our own little book club with this one this summer!

2. 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life



Who couldn't use a little more discipline in their life. I am definitely lacking in a few areas so I am going to use this quick read to get myself back on track with a daily quite time and fitness plan.

3. Say Goodbye to Survival Mode



After going back to work last year with two little one's at home I realized that I can easily hit survival mode if I don't stay on top of things.  I am looking forward to reading this to help edge that off once school starts again!

Ok there you have it. I will be sure and blog my thoughts on each of the educational books once I am done and will include my "just for fun" books in a summer wrap up post!

What's on your summer reading list?


No comments:

Post a Comment